Job Vacancy - Business Development Manager
BST Detectable Products
Location: Doncaster, DN9 3GN
Salary: Negotiable (dependant on skills and experience)
Hours: 40 hrs per week (9am - 5pm, Mon - Fri)
BST are looking for a Business Development Manager with strong account management skills and proven sales experience in the food safety or quality assurance sector. The main purpose of the role is to build and maintain excellent relations with our valued customers and international distribution partners both current and new. This is a lead sales role with line management responsibilities, representing the Sales Team at monthly Management meetings and planning and implementing a sales strategy to grow and improve the business.
The position is based in Doncaster and requires regular communication with organisations via Microsoft teams or other video conferencing systems with visits outside of the UK when required (pandemic permitting). This is an excellent opportunity for a forward thinking, customer focused, experienced, business minded professional to join an exciting and successful organisation.
A family run business established in 1985, BST is a leading supplier and innovator in the production and supply of detectable products, materials and associated equipment for the food and pharmaceutical industries worldwide.
BST prides itself on its international service and delivery capability, supporting its customers with a wide portfolio of quality products to help reduce the risk of foreign body contamination.
BST has an ‘open-door’ culture and value input from all employees encouraging their participation and providing individuals with the support they need to develop and grow to their full potential.
- To manage key accounts and international business partners to build strong lasting professional business relationships
- To identify, within the context of defined strategies, opportunities for the development of new products and initiatives to enhance the company’s product and services portfolio
- Line Management of the Sales Team
- Overseas travel when required
- To play a leading role in securing sales: identifying potential opportunities; developing target opportunities into prospects; site visits where viable (to increase product awareness, understand customer requirements, improve relations) and Competitor Analysis
- New product development (bespoke and stock items) liaising with the Product Development Co-ordinator
- Source new suppliers as required
- Apply product pricing in accordance with the company pricing strategy
- Log all relevant communications and activity in accordance with the company’s system policies and procedures
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years of proven sales experience
- Knowledge of international and cultural relations
- Quality assurance or food safety experience with knowledge of BRC and HACCP policies and procedures preferred
- Key Account Management experience
- Effective communicator with strong negotiation skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Mentoring/leadership skills
- Good time management skills
- Organised and computer literate
- Current clean UK driving licence
If you are interested in applying for this position please download an application form here or email email@example.com to request one, please quote Vacancy reference ‘BST BDM’. Please send all completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org